Using a push-pull structure in this amplifier design allows for numerous benefits, including higher-output power compared to single-ended designs, improved efficiency and no static polarization of the output transformer for greater performance in the output section. However, for this to work well it is essential that all the individual amplification stages are carefully designed and constructed to prevent the formation of dangerous and compromising odd-order harmonic distortion. This is true for the two semi-output amplifiers, and even more important in the output transformer.
The Triode 25 can operate in two modes: triode and pentode. The latter is capable of delivering a maximum power output of over 45 watts per channel (6Ω load) with minimal harmonic distortion across the entire audio band.
With the use of an Apple lightning to USB connector (not included) you can plug your iPhone/iPod/iPad directly into the Triode 25’s DAC and play your hi-res music files straight from your device.
The addition of a USB input modernises the Triode 25 and increases its appeal to the growing world of computer audiophiles, who use their laptop or computer as a high-quality audio source for their hi-fi. The USB input is 32-bit/384kHz and DSD 128 compliant to support the latest standards in studio quality audio.
The Triode 25 is available with a premium cherry wood front panel (Black Wood front panel is available to Special Order).
- Push-pull integrated valve amplifier
- 32-bit, DSD-compatible USB input for streaming from a computer
- Switchable Triode and Pentode modes
- Premium design throughout
- Locally sourced materials
- Based on the long-standing Triode 20 design
- EL34 tubes in the output stage
- RC2 remote with black wood finish included
- Connect iPad/iPod/iPhone directly via Lightning to USB cable (not included)
- Premium Cherry Wood front panel