Rega Planar 2
A brilliant update on a classic turntable, we love these, well worth the extra spend.
If you want a proper hifi turntable for a good price this is the one.
A solid source and plays all genres of music brilliantly.
Tonearm – Featuring the brand new RB220 tonearm which is packed with groundbreaking new features. Incorporating new ultra low friction, Rega designed, bespoke, zero play ball bearings (Patent Pending), housed within a brand new, stiffer and lightweight bearing housing which was developed with a new automatic bias setting negating the need for the user to set bias, making it almost completely plug and play apart from simple arm balancing. The new housing also includes an integrated arm clip and uses Rega’s latest custom aluminium arm tube.
Hub bearing – The Planar 2 has a new 11mm self securing brass bearing (Patent Pending) offering improved fit and less stress on the bearing preventing the transfer of potential energy.
Plinth – High gloss acrylic laminated plinth, stiffer and vastly improved appearance with ergonomically positioned power switch. Two plinth finishes at launch: gloss black & gloss white
Motor – New 24v low noise, low vibration motor assembly and new PCB.
Platter – New float glass ‘Optiwhite’ 10mm – Improved accuracy platter.
- Additional information
Other features :
- Re-designed feet – New improved foot assembly to increase stability and reduce vibration transfer.
- Carbon cartridge – supplied as standard on all Planar 2’s for simple plug and play convenience.
- Motor cover tray – with integrated cooling.
- Optional lid / plinth protectors – supplied to prevent marks on the plinth and keep it looking its best.
- Instructions – Easy to use multi-lingual quick start guide for easy set up.
- Packaging – New improved packaging.
It would be our pleasure to demonstrate this product in store for you, contact us to arrange an appointment
Available for UK & EU shipping, please get in touch to arrange EU shipping
All new products come with a manufactures warranty